Though the Iberia Parish Library system continues to be largely closed on account of the COVID-19 pandemic, the library’s major department is now providing curbside pickup for books.
Curbside pickup went into impact Monday and can final till additional discover, in line with the library. The Major Library is providing the service Monday via Friday from eight:30 a.m. to four:30 p.m.
The general public continues to be not permitted to enter the constructing, however library workers is accessible for questions through cellphone, electronic mail and the library social media accounts in addition to the text-a-librarian service.
The text-a-librarian service may be accessed by texting AskIPL to 66746. Message and information charges apply. Nevertheless, requests for curbside pickup will solely be accepted by cellphone name. To request curbside pickup, name the Major Library at 364-7024 and press extension 2 to talk with the circulation desk.
In keeping with the library, the next info and pointers are to be adhered to when using the curbside pick-up service:
• A restrict of 5 objects per library card can be permitted for check-out. This contains books, films and audiobooks.
• The library cardholder should be current to obtain the objects.
• For the protection of the general public and workers, the library asks that the general public please put on a face masking when selecting up their objects because the workers can be doing the identical.
• At the moment the library can not provide copying, faxing, scanning or inter-library mortgage companies.
• Till additional discover, the library won’t be accepting donations of any variety at any of it department areas.
All fines and late charges incurred since March 18 and till additional discover are waived.
“Please don’t really feel as if you have to return your checked-out supplies instantly. Nevertheless, you may be held accountable for misplaced or broken supplies,” in line with the library web site. “In the event you do select to return your checked-out supplies, we ask that you don’t use the drive-up guide drops.
“Please place your checked-out supplies on the guide drops on the entrance of the Loreauville and Major branches. In any other case please maintain onto your checked-out supplies in the interim.”
The library additionally urges the general public to make use of the free on-line eResources out there via the library’s web site. Virtually all on-line sources may be accessed from house with an Iberia Parish Library card. For a full listing of eResources please go to iberialibrary.org/eresources.